Saturday, August 4, 2007

Not only was it NOT special, it was miserable

What am I talking about? My 14th Anniversary. It was the worst one ever. I mean that sincerely. You've already read my other post about what hubby 'wanted' to do that day. Well, all I can say is that I would have been better off if he had done that. Because he made damn sure that the day sucked for me.

What did I do for him? Well, I went out and got a funny card (because we just don't do the mushy stuff.) I spent freaking $20 on a sampler Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. He comes home and says. "Are doing anything?" Uh Yeah. Are we not going to dinner? So, we head off to Carrabas (again) because when I mentioned a day or two earlier that Japanese would be nice. He responds, "well, they kind of pissed me off the last time." Ok. Whatever. Off to Carrabas.. again. Did I mention again? It was a fairly decent meal. As nice as it can be with ALL FREAKING 3 kids with us. Ugh.. because you know nothing says romance like bringing the whole damn crew. Anyhow, we get through the meal and go home. I bring out the card and the cake. The kids are thrilled to get cheesecake on top of dinner, but he acts indifferent. There was no card for me. Nothing. He did mumble something about "happy 14." Don't confuse this with a heartfelt "Happy Anniversary". It literally was a ho hum 'happy 14.'

It gets better. WAY better. *insert sarcasm* We actually started fighting. Fighting! Of all the stupid, idiotic things. He starts a fight on our freaking anniversary. About what? You many ask. Cars. "HUH?" Cars. We fought about cars, or specifically new cars (that we don't even own, I may add.) He jumped all over me for (get this *gasp*) giving my opinion on a car that was a possibility in about a year or two. Ok, so I know that it wasn't 'really' about the car. But WTF? He just completely ruined the day over something this ridiculous.

The next day, he starts off by smarting off at me and I just freaking go ballistic on him. I mean full on screaming at the top of my lungs with tears streaming down my face. He says "I didn't mean for things to come out like that." Well, it sure is hard to interpret them any other way. He genuinely apologized and did the customary grovel for a bit. I'm trying hard not to feel bitter, but I am just so disappointed how what should have been our special day turned out. At least he did say he was sorry. I do know he meant it. He only apologizes when he knows he was wrong. He's a very head strong man.

No comments: