Friday, July 27, 2007

Apparently 14 is NOT special...

I'm not happy with the hubby. Tuesday, July 31st will be our 14th anniversary. I made the comment last night about how it's just around the corner. He laughs and responds "heh.. I may not even be here for it". Excuse me? WTF? What do you mean you may not be here for it. He tells me he had been considering going to a bike race that evening. Well, it's Thursday and I'm just now hearing this. Needless to say, I am hurt and let's face it, pissed. I think he figured out very quickly that I was angry, because he quickly decided that he would stay home and we would go out to dinner. But the mere fact that he simply doesn't understand why it would upset me just floors me. I just don't get it. You'd think after 14 years he'd know that you don't go off for a 'bike race' on your wedding anniversary.

Now.. before you start mentally bashing me. You need to know that I am an extremely supportive wife. The hubby is an avid road bike rider/racer and we actually do a lot of traveling to support this hobby of his. He is gone 2 evenings during the work week and both mornings on the weekend to train. I never give him a hard time about this. It's just part of his training and fitness regimen. What I do expect however is for him to let me know what he has planned out in advance. It's only fair that since I'm dealing with 3 kids while he's gone during that time that I know exactly when he'll be gone. I don't appreciate being left out of the loop and then being expected to just go along. I'm supportive but I will never be a push over. You would think that he would realize that announcing this last minute would be a dangerous course. Add that to the fact that it's our anniversary and he is really treading on thin ground.

Am I asking too much? I really don't think so. 14 years is special to me. But apparently it isn't to him.

No comments: